JARED MEYER is a marketing executioner, speaker and author who builds unforgettable, long-term relationships in a short-term world. He has been hired to contribute towards over 100 experiential marketing programs by over 50 marketing and advertising companies. Jared has also worked directly for global brands like About.com and vitaminwater. With over 20 years of business experience in marketing, communications and advertising, Jared once worked for the world’s largest brand activation agency, OgilvyAction. As a marketing event manager and corporate speaker, he represented American Express OPEN while speaking to small business owners and corporate employees.
– 24+ years of business, marketing and execution experience.
– Worked for OgilvyAction (now Geometry Global) as a marketing event manager and corporate speaker.
– Hired by Glaceau (now owned by Coca-Cola) to launch vitaminwater in Southern CA.
– Helped execute experiential marketing programs for over 100 brands like Verizon.
– Worked for Citibank on Wall Street on a consulting project.
– Wrote the book, Making Friends: The Art of Social Networking in Life and Online.
– Wrote an article for Speaker magazine, “How to Knock Your (Speaker’s) Block Off“, on marketing execution.
– Wrote eight other educational books for Rosen Publishing.
– Revised 13 educational books for TeenHealthAndWellness.com.
– Wrote University of Maryland: Off the Record for College Prowler. (A copy is located in the University Archives at the University of Maryland Libraries.)
– Wrote 13 columns for The Diamondback.
– Contributed towards PUMA Golf’s social media strategy.
– Worked as an advertising sales systems trainer at About.com (an IAC company).
– Featured on a digital billboard in Times Square NYC to help promote a film.
– Appeared in Psychology Today magazine in an article about motivation in the work place.
– Featured throughout Tower 23 Hotel’s web site.
– Worked with corporations, publications and photographers on a variety of marketing projects.
– 14 years experience in online marketing, graphic design and web design.
– Director of Community Engagement, San Diego Vegans – 1882 members (2011-Present)
– Marketing Advisor, Leonia Alumni Network – 1546 members (2008-Present)
– President, University of Maryland Alumni Club of San Diego (2005-2010)
– 16 years of professional speaking experience.
– Led 38 interactive sales breakouts for employees on behalf of American Express OPEN.
– Represented OPEN at 51 retail, medical and construction trade shows nationwide.
– For two years, hosted large booths and spoke to business owners.
– Hosted 24 business clinics at construction trade shows on behalf of OPEN.
– Trained & certified as one of Monster.com’s “Making It Count” national speakers.
– Spoke to consumers and decision makers at over 100 marketing events.
– Gave 18 presentations on behalf of Monster.com’s parent company, TMP.
– Facilitated breakouts at University of Maryland & University of California.
– Member of the National Speakers Association since 2007.
– Appeared on CNBC’s “Planet of the Apps” as the Newber silent spokesperson.
– Appeared twice on the CW’s hit show, “Veronica Mars” (worked with Lisa Rinna & Harry Hamlin).
– Co-hosted the late night program, “SoCal Vibe”, on CBS in San Diego, CA.
– Appeared in national commericals for “Swiss Colony” and “The Specktone Retro”.
– Dined in the restaurant featured in Fox’s “Hell’s Kitchen” during the filming of the premiere episode.
– Appeared on an episode of HBO’s “Real Time with Bill Maher” in the audience wearing a tuxedo.
– Was a semi-finalist applicant for the CBS hit show, “Big Brother 5”.
– Interviewed by local TV reporters in San Diego, Calif.
Aside from being hired directly by Glacéau VitaminWater and Monster Worldwide, Jared is usually hired by communication companies like OgilvyAction to contribute towards localized regional and national marketing programs on behalf of popular brands. Here are the most memorable programs of which he’s contributed:
– American Express – Hired by OgilvyAction* (Now “Geometry Global”)
– Trumpet Mobile – Hired by Affinity Mobile*
– Swedish Fish – Hired by Event Pro Strategies
– Grand Marnier – Hired by Amped Up Marketing
– Cricket Wireless – Hired by Formula PR*
– Redcliff American Liqueur – Hired by Attack!Marketing*
– Dreyer’s Dibs – Hired by Zoom Media*
– DaimlerChrysler’s Jeep Compass – Hired by Zoom Media*
– Cirque du Soleil’s Zumanity – Hired by Zoom Media
– Verizon Wireless V CAST Music – Hired by Marketing Werks
– Kraft’s Bulls-Eye BBQ – Hired by Hall Event Group, an FCB company*
– Cadbury Adams – Stride Gum – Hired by Zoom Media*
– Heineken Premium Light – Hired by The Sun Flower Group*
– Remy Cointreau – Hired by Euro RSCG Impact 4D
– Cadbury Schweppes at The Emmy Awards – Hired by Attack!Marketing
– Glacéau VitaminWater – Hired by Glaceau*
– Volcano High” – Hired by Attack!Marketing
– SBC + Disney/Pixar’s – The Incredibles – Hired by Attack!Marketing
– MTVU Campus VJ Search – Hired by Alloy Marketing
– General Motors Card – Hired by Momentum Worldwide
– Johnson & Johnson – Hired by Encore Nationwide
The Complete List
Daimlerchrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Lexus, Mercury, Cadillac, Napa
Glaceau Vitaminwater, Heineken Premium Light, Grand Marnier, Cointreau, Redcliff America’s Liqueur, Effen Vodka, Kokomo Water, Stoli, Anheuser-Busch’s Budweiser, Captain Morgan, Jagermeister
AT&T, Virgin Mobile, Cricket Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Nokia, Trumpet Mobile
MTVU, SBC + Disney/Pixar, Paramount Pictures, Bandai & Disney, Comedy Central Live, Cirque Du Soleil, ABC, MSN Music, Gametap, USA Network + WWE, The Jim Henson Company, Rogue Pictures, Cox/ESPN, Discovery Health Channel, Lions Gate Films, Focus Features, Nickelback
Mastercard, American Express OPEN, General Motors Card, E*Trade Financial, Wells Fargo, Union Bank
Food & Beverage
Dreyer’s Dibs, Cadbury Adams’ Swedish Fish, Ferrara Pan’s Lemonheads, Cadbury Adams’ Stride Gum, Kraft Foods’ Bull’s Eye Bbq, Silk Soy Milk, Cadbury Schweppes, Lincoln Snacks Company, Dove Ice Cream, Hormel Foods
Unilever, Alcon, Abbott Labs, Johnson & Johnson
Family Literacy Foundation, US Army
Weber’s, The Gap
Hewlett Packard, AOL For Broadband, Yahoo!, Voiceglow, Mypartner.Com, Maximum PC, GE Security